Child Abuse Recovery Journal

The new home of Suite101's Child Abuse & Recovery Feature Writer, Susan Maree Jeavons. Susan is a child abuse survivor who provides articles, commentary, poetry, support, and information on topics related to child abuse.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Child's Night Before


A Child’s Night Before

T’was the night before Christmas and all through the earth
no one was thinking of the miracle birth.
Not one word was spoken of the savior who came,
until one little child called out his name,
"Oh Jesus, where are you? I need you so much.
It’s Christmas and I don’t want presents and such.
What I really want can’t be wrapped with a bow,
but I don’t have to tell you. You already know.
Every night I bow down and whisper a prayer
and I know you’ve been listening, cause they say that you care.
So Jesus please hear me when I kneel and say,
make Mommy and Daddy love me today.
I try to be good, but sometimes it is hard.
I follow the rules and I’m always on guard.
But I’m just a kid, I’m not very old,
and sometimes it hurts when they hit me and scold.
So Jesus, this Christmas if it’s all right with you,
don’t bring any toys. Just their love will do."
On this night before Christmas, the Lord shed a tear
for all of the children who must live in fear.
His heart was quite heavy with the burden he bore,
so he reached down to hold her in his arms once more.
And she heard him exclaim, before she went to sleep,
"I love you my child, and that’s a promise I’ll keep.
I’ll be right beside you every step of the way
with angels to guard you each night and each day."
Before the child closed her eyes, she whispered just this,
"I know that you will." Then she gave him a kiss.
"Merry Christmas dear Jesus, and happy birthday to you,
and oh, one more thing. I love you too."

© Susan Maree Jeavons-Sunday, December 12, 2004
All Rights Reserved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home