Child Abuse Recovery Journal

The new home of Suite101's Child Abuse & Recovery Feature Writer, Susan Maree Jeavons. Susan is a child abuse survivor who provides articles, commentary, poetry, support, and information on topics related to child abuse.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Coming Soon!

Look for my first article here at my new home, in November:

Surviving The Holidays, A Child Abuse Survivors Guide

Until then, here's a poem dedicated to Tesslynn O'Cull:


In Memory of Tesslynn O’Cull-1994-1997

Tesslynn O’Cull was only 3-years-old,
when they found her body in a grave near Sweet Home.
It was the worst case of child abuse they’d ever seen
thanks to Jesse Compton and methamphetamine.

This beautiful child was tortured to death,
and I vowed that until my very last breath,
I would tell her story so we’d never forget,
for society owes her at least this debt.

Others saw the abuse, yet they did not tell,
and this child’s life was a living hell.
She was shocked, raped and beaten and no one cared,
as her mother watched, Tesslynn sat and stared.


Tesslynn dared not scream or she’d have to pay
when Jesse threw knives and punches her way.
People came and went, but refused to step in,
so high on drugs that it didn’t matter to them.

Stella Kizer and Jesse Compton must pay their dues,
still the story of Tesslynn is now old news,
and though some may forget, I will keep my vow
to keep her memory alive somehow.

There’s a picture of Tesslynn on my office wall,
and at night in my dreams I can hear her call.
As she reaches out from beyond the grave,
I weep for the child that we could not save,

I weep for the child that we could not save…

© 2005 Susan Maree Jeavons-All Rights Reserved

10 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Kelly Jolkowski said…

    Welcome to the world of blogging, Susan. I know your work will continue to flourish in this new place. Thank you for all of the help you have given me and my cause, the missing.

    Many blessings,
    Kelly

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Susan Maree Jeavons said…

    Thank you for stopping by Kelly, and you're welcome. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

    Blessings & Miracles To You!

    Hi Delores! Thank you! I look forward to this new beginning and hope I can continue to do what I know I am meant to do.

    Love & Hugs!

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Tery Lynne said…

    I am so proud of you! I knew that you would like it here! I told you that the comments and blog is similar to Suite101.com, that is why so many people compared suite101 to blogs.

    Great Job, Susan and I will sure be around to visit and chat:)

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger Susan Maree Jeavons said…

    Thank you Tery! I would never have thought to do this if it wasn't for you and others who clued me in.

    I am going to work on making this new home a safe place where survivors can speak out!

    Hugs!!

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh My gawd that is so sad....
    My prayers are with you and your heart.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey tesslynn is in my family i think she is my 4 cousin. i was born before her but she is still unknown !!!!!!!!! love, o'cull family

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Susan Maree Jeavons said…

    To "Important"

    You said Tesslynn is still unknown-that is not true. Several years ago, I wrote an article about Tesslynn at Suite101.com. That article received more hits than any other article I have written. I wrote over 75 articles. So Tesslynn is not unknown. Many survivors on the Internet know who she is and how her life ended in such tragedy. She will never be forgotten. Not by me, not by many survivors I know. So don't worry. Tesslynn's story will keep her memory alive.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susan I appreciate your efforts in keeping Miss Tesslynn memory alive, she does deserve to never be forgotten. I made a memorial site for her.. Please visit and light a candle for this sweet angel.

    http://tesslynn-ocull.memory-of.com

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Susan Maree Jeavons said…

    Dear Tammie,
    Thank you so much for caring about Tesslynn. I tried lighting a candle twice but it would not work. I'll try again later.
    You may post the poem about Tesslynn on your site if you wish. All I ask is that you include my copyright notice and a link to where you posted your message to me. I also wrote this poem for Tesslynn. It's really a song. Hope you enjoy it.

    Tesslynn's Eyes

    When you look in Tesslynn's eyes
    there's a story to be told
    of a little child who'll never
    have the chance to grow old.
    Tesslynn's eyes tell a story
    of a little child abused,
    neglected and molested,
    battered, beaten, bruised.
    Tesslynn's eyes express the wishes
    of every little child,
    but in her face the terror
    of innocence defiled.

    Chorus
    Tesslynn's eyes, Tesslynn's eyes-
    Do you see what I see,
    when you look in Tesslynn's eyes?
    Tesslynn's eyes, Tesslynn's eyes-
    the soul of every child
    in Tesslynn's eyes.

    In Tesslynn's eyes desperation,
    in her eyes so much pain,
    in her eyes a plea for mercy
    said in silence and in vain.
    No one cared about this child.
    No one knew about her hell,
    so the angels came to free her
    and my mission is to tell.

    Repeat Chorus

    © 2003 Susan Maree Jeavons-All Rights Reserved-Dedicated to the Memory of 3-year-old Tesslynn O'Cull
    Thank you again for your site. Tesslynn is smiling down from heaven.
    Blessings,
    Susan Maree Jeavons
    Child Abuse Recovery Journal
    http://child-abuse-recovery-journal.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thank you. Hopefully Tesslyn's aunt will get some more pictures up of her soon. I have spoken with her aunt a few times and with a neighbor that lived above Tesslyn.
    My heart still aches for this baby girl. I pray she is at peace.

    - Jenny

    jenny_clemens79@hotmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home