Child Abuse Recovery Journal

The new home of Suite101's Child Abuse & Recovery Feature Writer, Susan Maree Jeavons. Susan is a child abuse survivor who provides articles, commentary, poetry, support, and information on topics related to child abuse.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Rainy Day Request

On this chilly, rainy Tuesday, I am trying to learn how to make my new home a place where survivors can come to share their stories and find hope.

If you are a child abuse survivor with your own blog, please send me the link so that I may add it here. I will not add links that contain X-rated material. I welcome sites on any topics that are related to child abuse.

I look forward to getting to know other survivors and re-connecting with old friends.

Here is a poem I wrote after watching the movie, Woman, Thou Art Loosed!


WOMAN, Thou Art LOOSED!

Man has been using
and abusing woman
long enough,
and we tired of it!

We ain’t gonna take it anymore!
We ain’t gonna spread our legs
when them legs are weary
and aching anymore!

We ain’t gonna do that nasty thang
just to feed your need anymore!
There’ll be no more fondling our breasts
or grabbing our hips!

No more whiskey-tasting lips
telling lies and giving alibis
for your adulterous ways
and your vulgar displays!

We ain’t gonna be terrified,
and we ain’t gonna lay down our pride
just to give you a free ride
on this honey train no more!

So watch your step Mister,
cause this sister ain’t no whore,
and Mister, just so you know-
this sister ain’t gonna take it anymore!

© 2004 Susan Maree Jeavons-All Rights Reserved

2 Comments:

  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Tery Lynne said…

    You write such awesome poetry. How do you do it?

    Would you consider writing a poem for my second book? I will email you details.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Susan Maree Jeavons said…

    Thank you! I always say that my poems are simply whipsers from God, so all I do is write what I hear. Yes I would consider it. Just let me know what kind of poem.

    Hugs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home