Child Abuse Recovery Journal

The new home of Suite101's Child Abuse & Recovery Feature Writer, Susan Maree Jeavons. Susan is a child abuse survivor who provides articles, commentary, poetry, support, and information on topics related to child abuse.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Update

Hello to all,

I apologize for not posting any new articles or poetry for so long. I am afraid my poor computer is so slow that I just don't have the patience to do much with it anymore. Until I can afford a new one, I won't be doing much on-line posting.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Spring/Summer. We just came back from a quick trip to North Carolina to pick up my Great Grandmother's rocking chair. It sat on her porch for many years, then on my grandmother's for the last 50. Now it sits on mine.

I am still interested in hearing from other survivors. If you would like to contact me, I have a new email address:

blueeyedreb@windstream.net

I will be glad to listen to your stories, and/or offer ideas for healing. I do not however, reply to "forwards." So please do not send them to me. If you want to talk, I am here. I will leave you with one of my most recent poems.

The Littlest Ones

So many little faces,
so many little eyes,
so many little voices,
so many little cries.

No one heard their crying,
no one stopped their misery.
Now all that’s left are memories
where a child used to be.

In heaven they now are dancing
with angels by their side,
no more pain and heartache
since these littlest angels died.

When will we stop their suffering?
When will we do what’s right?
When will we love the children
who are precious in his sight?

Lord help us if you hear us,
and listen to our prayers
so the littlest ones will understand
that someone really cares.

© Sunday, March 30, 2008 Susan Maree Jeavons-All Rights Reserved

Blessings and Miracles!
Susan Maree

5 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Jean said…

    nice poem!

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger nippercatshome said…

    I like this poem very much, thanks for posting, I have written some on my blog about how I feel..Mary

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Without Shadow said…

    Hi, just wanted to let you know that I have put a link to your blog on the Links page of my website for adult survivors of childhood abuse, http://askios.tripod.com

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://voicesinthedarkness.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger RyeCatcher said…

    Oh My Lord!! what beautiful poetry. IT says so much. May child abusers be punished so they go to hell. May they be hanged. May they be bullet ted.

    May no child suffer the agony of abuse. Amen!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home