Child Abuse Recovery Journal

The new home of Suite101's Child Abuse & Recovery Feature Writer, Susan Maree Jeavons. Susan is a child abuse survivor who provides articles, commentary, poetry, support, and information on topics related to child abuse.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Wish and A Prayer

My Mama never cleans the house,
she lets the dirt pile high.
The cockroaches and other bugs
are always crawling by.
The refrigerator is empty
and the bread is hard as stone,
and sometimes when I’m hungry
I can hear my belly groan.
Still Mama says that tomorrow
she will clean and cook, but you see,
I know that’s just another lie
cause she always lies to me.
She spends her check on something
that this friend of hers calls crack,
and when she’s high, she swears at me
and hits me in the back.
Her fists are hard, but her words hurt more
cause I’m just a little kid,
who wishes she’d get better and do
the things that we once did,
like taking walks on Sundays,
or going to the ice cream store,
or visiting with Grandma,
but we don’t do those no more.
When I grow up and have a kid
I won’t do things like drugs.
I’ll get a job and hug my child,
and our house will not have bugs!
But until that time I’ll say my prayers
and hope that God hears me,
cause I know that he must understand
this thing called poverty…


© 2007 Susan Maree Jeavons-All Rights Reserved
Written on 2/18/2007 @ 9:23 AM

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say that was sad i like to know more about you so i can do more with my kids thank's for that poam!!!!

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Susan Maree Jeavons said…

    Hi Stormmy,
    You can write to me at:
    blueeyedreb@alltel.net
    if you would like to know more about me. You can also visit the links below to read articles, poetry, and commentary on topics related to abuse.

    As a mother 0f 8, I know how hard it is being a mom. So feel free to email me.

    Thank you for your comments.

    Susan Maree Jeavons
    Former Feature Writer-Child Abuse and Recovery
    http://www.suite101.com/
    Purchase My E-book-Child Abuse and Recovery
    http://www.north46.com/childabuse.html

    The Word Charmer's Poetry
    http://www.geocities.com/wordcharmer101/

    Author of "Gathering Pearls,
    A Treasury of Inspirational Poetry"
    http://www.virtualbookworm.com/gatheringpearls.html

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Susan,

    That poem shared the pain of a child who wants her mother back...the mother who care about her and fill her life with happiness. Small wishes but for her they are most important wishes.

    Heart touching poem Susan...

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Susan Maree Jeavons said…

    My new email is smjeavons@windstream.net

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Susan Maree Jeavons said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home